Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Thoughts on cameras, neighbors, and laziness...and a freebie!

In my former life of paper scrapbooking, I used a 35mm camera. I loved that camera; I didn't love getting the film developed. Now that I'm all digital? I hate downloading the photos from the camera. Am I the only one? I feel so ridiculous--I must be the laziest person in the world if I am resentful of the time it takes me to download photos! Truth be told, it is a hassle. First I have to find the camera that my son has used and didn't put back where it belonged. Then I have to find the card reader and the USB cord that my son used and didn't put back where it belonged. Then I have to download to the computer, which is easy enough except that I use ACDSee and, you guessed it, I'm too lazy to customize it to my tastes. So, ACDSee downloads the photos to the Windows preassigned "My Photos". I keep mine on an EHD, so I have to search all over my computer to find the photos, then I have to drag them over to the EHD. You'd think after all this time I'd suck it up and customize at least that one part of ACDSee. Nah, I'm just feeling too lazy to do that!


So, you might remember that last Thursday, Emily feel and hurt her eye. She got 2 stitches and a great black eye. The mamarazzi took photos the next day, but I couldn't get her into good lighting to take the photo. When I tried to get her to move, she cried and cried. When your child has a black eye, you don't really like to draw the neighbor's attention with hysterical crying. They already look at us funny. No need to give them more reasons to draw conclusions...Anyway, I'm posting the photo for y'all to see--at least as well as you can see it.


Be sure to scroll down and grab the Whisper of Spring Luggage Tag QP. The whole Whisper of Spring Collection is on sale for 50% off for just a few more days! When day 10 of the luggage tag giveaway arrives, the sale will end!

Download the tag HERE

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Boy, I hear ya on the downloading hassle, but I still think it beats having to take the film to the store to be developed and then having to go back and pick to pick up the photos! Poor Emily, that eye looks awful! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful tag album!

Tammy said...

Beautiful kit and oh my gosh. I had a black eye just like that when I was her age. I was running and fell off the couch. Something I shouldn't have been doing, but at the time, my parents didn't know I couldn't see very well. I started wearing glasses at the age of 1 1/2.

Give her special hugs and kisses.

K2 Designs said...

yowzers...Poor Emily...hope she feels better today. Thank you for the goodie! Loving these...
I hear ya about photo hassles. I have most mine on the laptop EHD but some on desktop too. Luckily no one but me uses my camera and if they do it's only when I'm with em! they know better than to not put it where I can find it or reach it..LOL. I have ACDSee too but do I use it- nope! I know I NEED to but there it sits idol! hehe. Bring all your stuff over and we'll have an organizing day..LOL

CynR said...

Poor Emily! Poor mommy too.
I don't have the downloading issues -- yet. I put my camera and cable back in the same place. But my son is an up and coming photographer - loves to grab my camera so I'm thinking my issues with downloading are coming soon.
Hang in there!
Cyn

Unknown said...

OMG! I thought I suffered from apathy but you've seriously got me beat with photo downloading. You need a bettersystem, girl!

Anonymous said...

It's not the downloading, it's the UPLOADING the photos once your done! Ugh!
That is a beautiful girl there--even with the eye.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the tag Amanda.

Anonymous said...

Aw, poor sweetie! I can't stand it when my kids get bad owies....

Lovely freebie... Freebie on my blog today, too!

DawnMarch said...

Owie, your poor baby! That must have hurt! Hope she's all healed up soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi there I really love this book thank you for sharing it.
Ive missed a couple of pages and was wondering if it would be for sale when the giveaway is finished?
Rogue x