Saturday, June 07, 2008

A Rant, A New Design, A Sale, and a Freebie!

First the rant...Oh my gosh, do people even THINK any more?! I got a call from a neighbor (so glad they called) and told me that they saw my daughter and a friend holding onto the back of a bumper and being pulled on their skateboards. Now, lest you think the girls just grabbed this bumper without the person knowing, that would not be the case. The MOTHER was pulling the kids on their skateboards--knowingly! What kind of person does that?! My daughter could have fallen underneath the van and been killed. I'm just in shock that an adult would do that. I'm not sure yet how I am going to handle it. I am too mad to talk rationally, but if my husband handles it, they'll be chewed up and spit out--which they deserve, of course...argh!


OK, so new designs...I've got a brag book and hybrid album out that are made with my kit "Mariposa". The brag book was actually one of the free daily downloads given out by Shawn Walter when she was featured designer at Digitals. So, if you got it then, no need to get this one--it's the exact same. BUT if you missed it, it's available now!




The other album is a hybrid album made to fit the Cosmo Cricket Abby Album. If you don't have a local scrapbook store, you can purchase these physical albums at Digitals beginning next week! I love these shaped albums! If you don't want to purchase the physical album, you can still use these (as well as the other shaped quick pages I have for sale) by printing on cardstock and laminating, then using a metal ring to hold the pages together. Beth Rimmer has a tutorial at Digitals for doing these hybrid albums.



For one week, you can get my whole Mariposa Collection on sale for 25% off! Keep checking back, because I might make some other shaped albums with Mariposa! It's really addicting!











Today is Day 10 of my Whisper of Spring luggage tag album. I've had such a great response and really appreciate everyone's comments and emails. I am glad that you've enjoyed it! If you missed part of it, I'll have the whole collection in the store on Monday for you to purchase. Remember though--today (Sunday) is the last day for you to get A Whisper of Spring Collection on sale for 50% off!!!









DOwnload Day 10 luggage tag HERE.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry bout your DD, i'm glad she's ok? and I love your mariposa kit... ;)

the3chickens said...

Thanks very much for the tag album!

*Madame Wing* said...

Amanda,

Your albums are GORGEOUS!
Congratulations!

Oh and thanks for the freebie!
:)

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much. It's a lovely tag.

Unknown said...

Well, I'd say, "At least she's alive and okay," but I'm not sure that'll be the case after your husband gets hold of her. I don't envy you. I hate confrontation and a mom who doesn't understand the danger of pulling skateboarders could be very stubborn. Good luck!

Robin Ennis Willson said...

beautiful papers & sets!! loved everything :)
I'd be very upset too! Not much common sense there....

My SIL homeschools my neice...she thrives on it. One neat thing is it allows her to jump grades ahead on some subjects that she just eats right up. They belong to a group of other homeschoolers so they get some interaction with other kids too. Plus they go to the public schools for sports, etc.
Best of luck to you!!

Joy in Bama said...

Thank You so very much for this gorgeous tag album!!

Weirdchickypoo

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing, these luggaga tags are great!

Anonymous said...

I would be really ticked off at the other mom - maybe you could find a news story about what happens to bumper surfers and give that to her along with a very calm request not to do that with your daughter again.

I would also be having a serious chat with my daughter along the lines of some adults don't think before they act much like kids don't, so you need to always be on your toes and think of your own safety!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the beautifully awesome tag album....love, love, love it!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the beautiful tag album....I absolutely love it! I'm kinda new to digi scrapping and have never tried a hybrid project...this will be a good first time! Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - what keeps this world so interesting is people like that woman - what was going on her head to think that was a good idea?! Thanks SO MUCH for these fabulous tags - I'll be back to buy things - love your designs.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this set of tags, and the discount on the kit!!

I don't think your DD can be held responsible if she accepted a fun offer from a friends Mom, if the subject never came up at home. However she can be cautioned to not accept things that are not done at home without checking first.

You may want to check with the police, and see if it is illegal to pull skateboards or bikes with a motor vehicle. It is here. You would then have a starting point with the mother.

Unfortunately, stupid is not against the law.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this beautiful piece to the tag album!

stacy said...

Thanks for the album...I have really enjoyed all of it!
As far as the mother pulling the girls...common sense seems to have left ALOT of people in the world today.
And lastly, I'm thrilled to see your Abby album! I just bought my first one this week and have been looking for some premade albums, and yours is gorgeous!

Kutnkudlys' Kreations said...

Beautiful stuff as usual Amanda! Just gorgeous!

Good thing your DD is ok, if the other mother wants to do stuff like that with her child its up to her, but she should have talked to you BEFORE involving your DD in a stunt like that!

Lisa said...

Wow, you are smart to cool off before approaching the woman! I'm so glad that she was okay, but what a dangerous situation and the mother certainly should have known better! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful tag album, I appreciate your generosity!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the lovely tag Amanda!

J9 said...

I think maybe bumper surf mom has seen Back to the Future one too many times! My son got a concussion first day of summer break when he was 14. Spent several days in the hospital, so I know FIRST HAND what CAN happen. He healed, thank goodness, but with no helmet on, and in a location where he should NOT have been, found out the blacktop was not his friend. We were blessed. It could have been SO much worse. He didn't however, have an adult helping him make the 'stupid' choice.
In some ways it's good to calm down, in some it's good they understand your...um...'passion' about the situation.
Hope when the dust settles,this story has a happy ending.
Your work is fanTAStic, and I so love seeing what you create.

Suz :) said...

Thank you for your super sweeeeet generosity!!! Here is your ...♥"Link Love"♥...for the day!
Suzee Q's Stuff