Tuesday, May 27, 2008

More Memorial Day Thoughts and a freebie

After my post last night I laid in bed thinking about sacrifice. My cousin, William Walden and my uncle, William Merrill gave the ultimate sacrifice--their lives. But didn't their family also give the ultimate sacrifice? My Uncle Arthur lost a brother (William Merrill) in WW1 and then lost his prized son (William Walden) in WW2. On cnn.com there was a tribute to servicemen and women who lost their lives in Iraq. One of the photos was a soldier with his 2 small children (both of whom looked under 4). Didn't this family give the ultimate sacrifice? This young mother lost her husband and will be raising her small children alone.

So, today as I celebrate Memorial Day, I not only honor those who lost their lives in service, but also those who lost loved ones in service.

I also honor my ct members Chris and Gina who parent their children alone while their husbands are gone, who go to bed every night praying that they won't be one of those wives who gives the ultimate sacrifice--their husbands. They are better women than I--I am too selfish to give my husband to my country.

So, in honor of their love of their husbands and country, I've put Head Over Heels on sale for 50% off--one day only! Tuesday, 5/27/08 and I am offering a free mini kit here on my blog and a free quick page on the Digitals blog.





Download this mini kit HERE.

Be sure to get the coordinating quick page from the Digitals Blog!

11 comments:

Barb said...

Thank God we have such brave soldiers and families defending our ways of life.

Creative Junkie said...

You are so right ... the men and women of our armed forces AND their families deserve our utmost respect and I am truly grateful for them every day. I don't know if I'd ever be able to make such a sacrifice.

Anonymous said...

Beautiftiful produul post Amanda! Beautiful products!

Unknown said...

Lovely freebie - gorgeous colours and pattern.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the lovely mini. And for putting it on sale!
wilma730

Robin L said...

So many give up so much for us and never get what they deserve (wives, children and so on) Thank you for posting about them too!

Elaine said...

I'm thankful every day for those that are fighting for our freedom as well as others. My youngest daughter served in the military and her husband is still serving. It's wonderful of you to show your appreciation to your CT members whose husbands are serving.
thank you

KristiYaYa said...

Yeah, what she said!!!!!
Ditto Amanda, ditto!!!!!
My family has not lost, but we certainly prayed every day while my dad was in Vietnam, then my husband went to Vietnam and we prayed again. When they go, the family lives on the edge... never knowing, never certain, trying not to acknowledge...but always aware!
Thank you for bring this to our attention! (and thanks for the freebie!)

KristiYaYa said...

Yeah, what she said!!!!!
Ditto Amanda, ditto!!!!!
My family has not lost, but we certainly prayed every day while my dad was in Vietnam, then my husband went to Vietnam and we prayed again. When they go, the family lives on the edge... never knowing, never certain, trying not to acknowledge...but always aware!
Thank you for bring this to our attention! (and thanks for the freebie!)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the lovely mini kit :-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you,

Kathy