Thursday, January 03, 2013

Mom and Daughter Happy Box Tutorial

Emily and I made this fun little box for those times when we are feeling sad or lonely. All we need to do is open the box for an instant pick-me-up. The memories of making this together will bring a smile to our faces too, so it serves double-duty!

Final product

First thing we did was found a shoe box that was in good condition and cut scrapbooking paper to fit the outside of the box.


Next, be sure to use a good amount of tacky glue, playing close attention to the edges and corners.


 We glued the papers on in strips. I think it works better than wrapping the paper around the box like a gift, but that's just me.


We went for a Hawaiian Motif since that would make us happy on even the coldest and dreariest Utah winter days.


We didn't like the blue of the box showing through, so we added ribbon around the edges.


Emily used some old scrabble pieces to decorate, along with some flowers. I mean, really, can you ever have enough flowers?!


Finally, we filled the box with things that we thought would make the other happy. Some things we put in were some favorite little candies, photos, a book about kisses, sparkly nail polish, love notes for each other, a craft, a little happy meal toy, a drawing of she and I, pretty stones and marbles, more flowers, and other misc. things that she won't let me see!


I'm kind of looking forward to a sad day so I can open and explore!


If you make one of these, I'd love to see your finished product!

2 comments:

CynR said...

Wonderful idea. Great for those dreary winter days.
Cyn

Crystalnva said...

Very cute ;~}